JookWiki is this wiki, hosted on jookia.org. I aim to use it to share my knowledge and ideas with the wider world in a medium that encourages me to write things down gradually and keep them current.
Scope[edit | edit source]
This wiki should contain the following types of pages:
- Original research (Example: nopl)
- Overviews and references (Example: STM32MP157F-DK2)
- Notes as I work on projects (Example: AMD Geode)
For actual content to belong here it must:
- Be useful in some fashion
- Not be available elsewhere online
- Not belong to any other project online
Software[edit | edit source]
The wiki runs on MediaWiki with the following extensions:
- NamespaceHTML to allow me to add raw HTML safely
- Random edits to the Vector skin to use a font size closer to the browser's size
I spent many many years trying to find the perfect CMS for my website:
- It should be accessible
- It should be searchable
- It should be navigable
- It should work in most browsers
I eventually gave up and decided to install MediaWiki since it fit most those criteria and didn't require a huge investment of time to get things set up. The goal is to get content out after all.
Having a WYSIWYG editor is a real productivity boost for me too.
Policies[edit | edit source]
While this wiki is a personal wiki, I currently allow editing from anyone. This is to help keep content up to date and correct.
All content here (excluding links to documents and websites) is released under the CC0 Public Domain Dedication if possible. Any content under other licenses will be noted clearly. I want to ensure people can use the content here without worrying too much about copyright laws and policies.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This wiki has the current issues:
- The vector theme's upper-right user toolbox is not ARIA compliant
- The CategoryTree extension is not ARIA compliant (so is turned off for now)
Naming[edit | edit source]
JookWiki was a temporary name I chose without much thought, expecting to change it later. It turns out I really don't care what the name is as long as it doesn't change, so that's now the permanent name.